Admission Process and Requirements
Admission to University College of Bahrain is governed by fair and transparent procedures with sound principles. The ability to enroll in specific programs and concentrations is governed by:
the criteria and limitations established by UCB to meet a variety of situations and needs in accordance with the Higher Education Council requirements; and the UCB admission policy
All interested Applicants must submit a completed application form to the Admission Office. and include a non-refundable application fee of BD/50 (undergraduate application)
The basic admission requirement is a Secondary School certificate from the Kingdom of Bahrain, or its equivalent. An applicant for whom English is a second language may submit the proof of proficiency in English.
Applicants, regardless of the outcome of the application process, may reclaim none of the documents mentioned below.
The name of the applicant will be recorded in the University files as it appears on his/her identity card or passport.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Documents Required for Admission
- A certified copy of the student’s general secondary school grade report or its equivalent.
- A report of the student’s grades for the last three years of schooling, including average and rank in class.
- A certified copy of student’s higher education institution transcript along with the course description for transfer students.
- A photocopy of the student’s passport, Smart Card and two passport size photographs.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency.
- Good Health Certificate from a recognized health center or hospital in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The following fees are due with the application:
Non-refundable application fee of 50 BD.
Accepted English Language Proficiency Test
Applicants must provide proof of proficiency in English to start first year of their studies.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 5.0+
TOEFL (Paper Based) 500+
Applicants will be exempted from English proficiency test if his/her first language is English, lived in a country where English is first language, graduated or transferring from other recognized universities or secondary schools where English is the medium of instruction.